Solution 1 - Lower screen resolution settings
Windows 8 and Windows 10 users
- Show all hidden files and folders:
- Open the folders in the following order: This PC > Disk (C:) > ProgramData > activeMARK > instant > apps
- Locate the folder for "<name of the game>" and open it
- Make a right click on the "<name of the game>.exe" file and go to Properties
- Then go to the compatibility tab and scroll down, check the box of Run in 640 x 480 screen resolution
- Then click on apply and try to play the game again
Windows 7 users
- Click on the Start menu (lower left corner of your desktop)
- Select Control Panel, then in the pop up window, select Hardware and Sound
- Then in the Display section, select Adjust Screen Resolution
- In this screen, select the drop down menu next to Resolution. Based on what your recommended setting is, lower this to either 1280x960 or 1280x800 (or whatever is 1-2 settings lower than recommended)
- Click on Apply then close this window.
Solution 2 - Update your Graphic Card driver
The most common drivers are listed below. Click on the name of the driver you have (if known) and follow the steps to update this.
Note: Intel users - It's important to note that PC manufacturers can modify Intel's drivers to add or remove functionalities. This means that if you have a branded device, it's recommended to download the latest graphics update from your manufacturer first, then through Intel. Otherwise, unexpected behaviors, such as loss of features and configurations can be expected.
The most common PC manufacturers are: