Solution 1 - Check screen resolution and text size
- Right click on your desktop and select Display Settings
- Under resolution, ensure it is set to what is recommended
- In the same window, ensure that your text size is set to 100% (recommended) also
- Try the game again as it should now open in full screen
Solution 2 - Disable fullscreen optimization
- Show all hidden files and folders:
- Open the folders in the following order: This PC > Disk (C:) > ProgramData > activeMARK > instant > apps
- Locate the folder for "<name of the game>" and open it
- Make a right click on the "<name of the game>.exe" file and go to Properties
Under the Compatibility tab check the boxes for:
- Disable fullscreen optimization
- Run this program as an administrator
Click on Change high DPI settings and in the new window check the box for Override high DPI scaling behavior. Scaling performed by Application
Apply the changes and open the game.
Note: If the game still opens in windowed mode after completing both solutions, locate the full screen option within the games settings/options menu and ensure the box is ticked. The game should now change to full screen mode.