Solution 1 - Adjust administrator rights
- Show all hidden files and folders:
- Right click on the Windows image in the bottom left corner of your screen and choose File Explorer
- From the top of the new window, click on View and then tick the Hidden Items box
- Open the folders in the following order: This PC > OS (C:) > ProgramData > activeMARK > instant > apps
- Locate the folder with the name of the game and double click to open it
Right click on the 'exe' file with the name of the game (game icon image and file type: application) and click on Properties
Under the Compatibility tab check the box for Run this program as an administrator
- Click OK, then Apply the changes. Now test the game again directly from the website.
Solution 2 - Update Windows/DirectX
Ensure you have the latest DirectX version. For this to be up to date, your operating system will need to be up to date (Windows 10 and 11). Please search your system for any available Windows updates, perform them, and then restart your system. Now test the game again.
Solution 3 - Update your Graphic Card driver
Check and perform any updates available for your Graphic Card Driver. The most common drivers are listed below. Click on the name of the driver you have (if known) and follow the steps to update this.
NOTE: Intel users - It's important to note that PC manufacturers (such as Dell, HP, Lenovo, Acer, Asus, and others) can modify Intel's drivers to add or remove functionalities. This means that if you have a branded device, it's recommended to download the latest graphics update from your manufacturer first, then through Intel. Otherwise, unexpected behaviors, such as loss of features and configurations can be expected.
The most common PC manufacturers are: